Things on the List

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BBQish Pork Chops

This past weekend was filled with a lot of activities that did not involve cooking.  However, no matter what is going on during the weekend, we still need lunches during the week, and so it needed to be something quick and easy.  That is where these pork chops come in.  I’d love to tell you what cut they were, but I bought them in bulk when our local grocery store had a sale, so alas, I cannot.  I can tell you they were not boneless, and they were not terribly thick or thin, they were just your common, run of the mill pork chop that you see at the grocery store.  You can marinade these at your leisure, they are good after two hours, and they are also good after two days.

I have a four burner gas grill, I know it is not the purist way to go, but at this time in my life, when it comes to grilling, I value speed and ease.  Someday I will master the charcoal grill, someday.  The marinade is pretty drippy (is that a word?), and there could be flare-ups so keep your eyes on them so you don’t end up with a crispy critter.  Just so we’re clear, I fail at this every time! 

  • 1 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
  • ½ cup BBQ Sauce
  • 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped (I cheated and just used the jarred minced garlic)
  • 8 Bone In Pork Chops
  • BBQ or Steak Seasoning Spice Blend



  1. Combine the first three ingredients in a bowl or just throw them in a freezer bag and squish them together.
  2. Add the Pork Chops to the bag, seal it up, and put them in the refrigerator.  Marinade for 2 hours or up to 2 days.
  3. Pre heat grill, mine has a temperature gauge and I usually wait for it to read 500°, I leave two burners on med.-high heat, and turn the other two down. 
  4. Remove the chops from the marinade, letting as much marinade drip off as you can or want, and then discard the marinade.  Sprinkle with your seasoning blend. 
  5. I split up the chops between the top rack and the side of the grill that I have turned down.  
  6. Put the chops on the grill, lower the lid and leave them alone for about 5 minutes, but a watchful five minutes.   Flip chops and continue grilling until they reach a temperature of 160°, or just give a little to the touch.  I like to take the temperature of my pork; it just makes me feel safer. 
  7. When cooked, remove to a plate, cover with foil and let them rest for about 5 minutes.  Serve and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly