Things on the List

Friday, April 17, 2015

Super Easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Sometimes, you just have to make banana bread, and when you do, you should definitely add chocolate chips to it.  I rotate through a couple different versions of banana bread.  There is a regular version, there is a chocolate chocolate chip banana bread, and then there is this super simple can't mess it up version of banana bread that I pull out when I need a baked good in my life, but don't feel like measuring things.  Don't tell me I'm the only one who gets that way sometimes.

You can use whatever kind of cake mix you want here, caramel, chocolate, yellow, butter, you are limited only by your imagination. Also, if you happen to be in the baking aisle at the grocery store and see the bag that is half chocolate, half peanut butter chips that Nestle makes, I would scoop those up too, just sayin'.  I usually assess my banana situation and then buy however many boxes of cake mix that I need, the ratio is roughly 4 bananas to 1 box of cake mix.


  • 1 Box Cake Mix of your choice (I used yellow)
  • 4 Bananas, peeled 
  • 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
  • 2 eggs

Preheat your oven to 350, and spray and flour a loaf pan.

In a bowl, mash together the bananas and the eggs until most of the chunkiness from the bananas is gone.

Add the cake mix and stir for about two minutes, or however long the box directions tell you to.

Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.

Pour into your loaf pan, and gently lift and tap the pan against the countertop to help distribute the batter evenly in the pan.



Bake for 45-60 minutes (start checking around the 45 minute mark depending on your oven), or until a toothpick comes out clean. but hopefully a little chocolaty.

You can either wait 5 minutes and remove the bread from the pan, or you are fine to just leave it in there and serve directly from the pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly