Things on the List

Friday, April 3, 2015

Getting in Gear--Everyday Strawberry Smoothie

I hate getting bored with my food, and now, having said that, I pretty much eat one of two smoothies for breakfast every day.  I have tons of recipes saved, and I do try them every once in a while to shake (get it?) things up a little.  A smoothie is what I like to consider a foundation meal, I feel like if I start my day out with a healthy breakfast, I am much more likely to continue to eat healthy the rest of the day.  If I start out the day with donuts, I kinda end up wondering "what's the point of even trying" by the time lunch rolls around.

The oddest thing happened to me with smoothies.  I did not like them at first, I added sweetener, pudding mixes, and all kinds of other craziness to them, but every now and then I would just use veggies and fruit.  Eventually, I began to crave the ones without the extra sweeteners and fillers in them.  I still make some different versions and variations, but this is the one that I always come back to.

It can be kind of tedious to drag everything out to make smoothies every day, so I never make just one at a time.  If I am getting all the ingredients out, I make at least two, maybe more, depending on what my schedule will be.  I have a Nutri-Bullet, and I make the smoothies in their cups, if you are going to use a blender, I would just put your ingredients into ziploc bags that you can store in the freezer and just dump into the blender and blitz quick.

The measurements for this are extremely flexible and are really up to your appetite and size of your blender.  I found that I really only have enough stomach room for a smaller 2-3 Cup smoothie.





Small Handful of Kale
1/2 cup sliced, or 5-6 Whole Frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup frozen Mango Cubes
1/4 to 1/2 Peeled Orange
1 tsp. Flax Seed
1 Tbsp. Goji Berries
8-10 Whole Unsalted Almonds



Add all ingredients to your cup, or to your blender, and add enough water to blend smoothly.  For my cup, I would estimate I use about a 1 1/2 Cup water.  Blend until smooth and enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly