Things on the List

Monday, June 1, 2015

Grilled Honey Soy Salmon

I cannot even begin to tell you how tired I am of the crazy cold weather here.  We had one, wonderful 80 degree day, and then it got rainy and cold, and not just a little cold, it was, go cover your plants cold.  But there was that one glorious 80 degree day, and on that day, we grilled.

I can only take so much credit for this one, as my husband manned (hee hee, get it) the grill while I played with the kids in the yard.

I am especially proud of this dish becuase it has turned my daughter into a salmon fan, and getting people to eat fish is one of my goals as a mother.

2-Salmon fillets, about 1lb total, skin on
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp. Honey
2 tsp. minced garlic


About 1 or 2 hours before you are going to eat, combine, in a large ziploc bag, combine the olive oil,

soy sauce, honey and minced garlic.  I am not very picky about this, I just throw it in the bag and mush it all together.

Add the salmon to the bag, seal it up, put it in a bowl or on a plate, and pop it back into the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.

Get your grill going on medium high heat for gas, or indirect heat for charcoal.

Place the salmon on the grill, skin side down, and cook for about five minutes.  Now, the most important thing that I can tell you is one, get a piece of aluminum foil and a wide metal spatula, and two, don't panic.  Flip the fish over, and be prepared, the skin may stay on the grill.  If this happens as you start to move the salmon, set it back down onto the skin, carefully lay your sheet of aluminum foil over the grill grate, and then, flip your fish onto the foil, and cook the other side for another five minutes depending on how done you like your salmon.   Serve immediately and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly