Things on the List

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Grilled Asparagus and Green Onions

I love onions, I love the raw, grilled, caramelized, broiled, just about anyway that you can think of to prepare them, I will eat them.  This is just about the easiest grilled vegetable recipe that I have in my wheelhouse.  The only special item I think that you need is probably a grill basket, but you should just get one of those anyway.  You could easily add mushrooms to this if you have them on hand, I sadly, did not, but will definitely throw them in if I do next time.


16 oz  Asparagus
5 oz green onions
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat your grill to med. high heat.

Take your asparagus and either cut or snap off the woody part of the stems.  Cut the remaining part of the spear into two or three pieces depending on how big they are and your preferences.  Throw them in a bowl.

Take your green onions, and cut off the ends of the white part of the bulb if the still have some of the roots attached.  Peel away any of the green part of the onion that is brown or mushy, but otherwise leave the greens.  Cut the green onion into two or three pieces, and add them to the bowl with the asparagus.

Add the olive oil, salt, & pepper to the bow and toss to coat.

Place your grill basket on the grill, pour the vegetables into it, and cook for about 7-10 minutes, tossing occasionally to make sure they are cooking evenly.  Place the vegetables back in the bowl that you had ,  salt and pepper to taste ad serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly