Things on the List

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Note on Breakfasts


I don't like eating breakfast. Yes, as a general concept I love the thought of a freshly baked muffin or egg sandwich on a quiet morning, but who has those during the week? Breakfast more often than not is just something that I know I have to do, and need to get it done quickly. I'm not a cereal eater, somewhere along the way from kid to adult, its appeal just went away. I do sometimes get an odd hankering for a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch or raisin bran for a snack in the evening. Now add to this aversion, the fact that if I'm counting calories, the muffin, the cinnamon roll, oh the poor doughut, they are out the window as breakfast options. If I'm going to have any chance of staying on track throughout the day I've found that protein is the way to go. Once I have the taste of sweetened goodness, it"s kind of over, especially if I'm at the starting line. So here are some breakfast go to's that I keep coming back to.


Boiled Eggs
2 oz lunchmeat (any kind), cheese, and blueberries
Mini Bagel with light cream cheese or laughing cow cheese, red pepper jelly, & smoked turkey
Protein smoothies 
Cashews (just be mindful of the serving size)
Banana and  Cheese Stick
Apple and 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter 
Half an Avacado, mashed and spread on Toast 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly